Clive Barford Limited (CBL) is the leading provider of compact equipment hire and sales across southern Britain. The company has ten depots located across the South - from Land's End to The Wash, and Beachy Head to the Welsh Valleys - and employ over 145 people. With a business of this scale, CBL needed a reliable and responsive telephone systems and network services supplier.
- Our senior business consultant, Charles Lawrence, we impressed with our skill, knowledge and professionalism. Charles' commitment to building a successful and supportive relationship with CBL, along with the manner in which he handled all aspects of the company's initial requirements, led CBL to choose Icom as its partner for the provision of all of its telecommunication requirements, for both hardware and network services provision.
- We designed a successful solution which allowed CBL to change its existing telephone systems at all site locations to a single, unified package, the Nortel BCM digital range. This system also allowed CBL to have
- A 'universal' switch installed at all sites, with a selection of those sites being connected by VoIP (Voiceover Internet Protocol).
- Since using Icom for its network services provision, CBL has reduced it's line rental and call charge operating costs by approximately 30% and, by installing ISDN lines and introducing VoIP into the organisation, the company has been able to operate much more efficiently in its handling of call traffic.
- The relationship between Icom and CBL continues to grow, and Icom are always looking at other ways to assist CBL in making future cost efficiencies through the utilisation of technology.