Job Vacancy: Fire & Security Engineer
Job Title: Fire & Security Engineer
Location: Aylesford, Maidstone
Hours: Full Time, 8am – 4.30pm
Position Date Available: As soon as possible
Reporting To: Technical Manager
Initial Salary & Benefits: Competitive (from20k, scalable upon experience), Company Pension Scheme, Annual Salary Bonus, Death in Service Insurance, Company Van, Laptop & Phone
Knowledge & Experience:
- At least 10-years’ experience within commercial environment installing and commissioning as a minimum fire alarm systems and ideally security.
- Experience integrating new and phasing out old systems.
- High standard of cabling installation work a must, proof of previous work welcomed.
- In-depth knowledge of fire alarm cause and effects and networked systems for Advanced, Morley, Kentec
- Telephone and onsite technical support of above fire systems and IP security. Experience of Hik Vision, Qulu, Avigilon, Paxton, Act, Galaxy & Texecom
- Very good communicator with suppliers and clients
- Excellent paperwork needed for client reports and good IT skills including configuration of static IP addresses and local networks
- Understanding & Interpretation of HTM & BS standards
- Full UK Driving Licence
Role will consist of:
- Installation & Commissioning of fire alarm installations
- PPM servicing works of large sites
- Attending fire & security faults and minor installations within the Kent area
- Working relationships with Sub-Contractors delivering varying aspects of projects
- Customer liaison in order to develop the business within existing accounts
- Self starter and required to be fully motivated.
- Technical Sales Support
- Scope for the role to progress to project management
Looking to interview ASAP
Must be located in Kent
This is an excellent and exciting opportunity to join a growing, diverse and forward thinking company.